Request a description of your Dutch diploma
Description of your Dutch diploma for a foreign employer.
Are you planning to work or study abroad? Then it may be helpful to give your foreign employer or education institution a description of your diploma. You can submit a request for such a description with us.
Application form diploma description (56 kB, in Dutch)
What is a diploma description?
A diploma description:
- states the name of the diploma recipient as well as the most important information about the study programme and the diploma awarded;
- describes the structure of the Dutch education system;
- indicates which diploma in the host country the diploma obtained can best be compared to.
A diploma description improves your chances of finding work or gaining access to studies. However, no rights may be derived from the description. The responsible authorities in the destination country may give a different assessment of your diploma.
Diploma descriptions are available in English or in Spanish. Below you can download an example of each.
Diploma description(493 kB)
Who can apply for a diploma description?
Are you a graduate of a mainstream higher education study programme in the Netherlands, or have you been awarded a VMBO-T diploma, a senior general secondary education (HAVO) diploma or a pre-university education (VWO) diploma? If so, we can provide you with a diploma description.
Costs and processing time
- Regular application: €96.80 (including VAT) per diploma.
Processing time: four weeks
- Fast-track application: €114.95 (including VAT) per diploma.
Processing time: one week (max).
If we are unable to produce a diploma description, we will return the fee you paid, apart from an administration charge of €20.