Living Labs are an instrument to better position Dutch universities of applied sciences in the Neso target countries and regions. Each Living Lab is a bilateral initiative between universities, businesses and governments targeting a specific sector.
What is a Living Lab?
Each Living Lab connects companies and governments to higher education institutions through students, lecturers and researchers who apply their specialised expertise in a specific sector to real-life challenges.
The Living Lab links with the political and economic priorities in both the Netherlands and the various countries by targeting a sector that is a strategic industry of both countries.
This was developed by EP-Nuffic to be used as showcases of what the Dutch universities of applied sciences have to offer internationally in the various Neso countries.
- Bilateral network of universities, companies and public organisations
- Targeting a specific sector in both countries
- Focusses on employability of the labour force and innovative capacity of the specific selected sector
- By enabling and developing competencies of people working in the specific selected-sector: students, lecturers, researchers and professionals
- By developing practice-oriented (higher) education and conducting applied research and practical assignments for which real-life issues are selected
There are currently four Living Labs in progress. Click on the links below to read more about the projects.